Saturday, January 26, 2013

Things That Made Me Feel Good Today

- Going to the temple. It's been about 3 weeks since my husband and I last went, and I felt so much lighter and peaceful while we were there. Having a temple so close by is such a blessing, and I want to stick to my old habit of going every week (we missed the last 3 weeks because of lousy scheduling on our end). I clearly need it.

- Reading the scriptures. I love reading Isaiah, and today I re-read some of his Messianic prophecies. I love the poetic beauty in his imagery and phrasing, especially as he describes Jesus Christ and His intercessory Atonement on our behalf. It touched my heart and reminded me that daily scripture reading is good for me.

- Raspberries and french toast. That, with homemade maple syrup, was my dinner tonight. (Mixing the raspberries and syrup was my husband's idea - it was better than I expected!). It's nice to get fresh fruit in occasionally; I should try it more often. I also need to learn to peel an orange properly...

- Meeting new people. We had a church activity tonight, and my husband and I met another young couple that lives around the corner from us who we would like to get to know better. We also stopped by a stranger's house to introduce ourselves (this person has been ignoring everyone who comes to their door), and they answered, were really nice, and said we could come back once in a while! She's going through a really tough time right now, so we're planning to visit after her family member's funeral to see how she's doing.

- Down time with my husband. It's hard to get during the week, but we had a relaxing morning together at home, and laughed together quite a bit in the evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment