Friday, January 11, 2013

Good Literature

I've been working through a collection of G.K. Chesterton short stories, essays, and poetry over the last month.

It. Is. Delightful.

A couple of his stories were on the darker side (like killing off the first story's narrator at the end of the second story), but on the whole, his wit is astounding. He lived from the mid-1870s to the mid-1930s and was an English fellow. Chesterton is a thoughtful and entertaining writer who traverses both the shallow and deep waters in the same sentence. I would love to own a collection of his writing someday - just a book to include in my personal library. He is an author I love turning to again and again.

I found an old to-read book list and wanted to include it here for later reference:

- Fahrenheit 451
- Edenbrooke (done!)
- Inheritance series (by Christopher Paolini. I started but never finished)
- revisit the Tennis Shoes series (again, started as a child, never finished)
- The Seventh Seal series
- David McCullough
- Jane Austen
- Wheel of Time series (the last book finally came out recently)
- Paradise Lost
- Hugh Nibley
- more C.S. Lewis

No comments:

Post a Comment