Monday, January 14, 2013

Accountability

Just a quick update, because an important purpose of this blog is to keep me accountable:

Homework report. Because it's something I really struggle with.

I don't think I've missed any homework for my audiology class yet. I should probably double check online to see if there's any quizzes coming up (because last semester they weren't really announced, so I always forgot about them), but I did well on the one we've had so far.

I'm back on track for family history. I haven't been keeping a good record of how much time I've spent or what I've done so far, but I set up a research log today and wrote down what I could remember. I also met with my teacher today to pick my family to research for the semester, so that assignment is done on time. I additionally asked my teacher for some ideas about my writing class...

I'm not doing well in keeping up with the readings and assignments for the writing class. Keeping up with reading has actually been one of my worst college skills... But my family history teacher gave me a really good idea to write about for this class! (Hence my last post). I'll probably work on playing catch-up between work and class tomorrow morning.

My speech class is kinda so-so on the homework. I forgot that there was a reading quiz due tonight until I got an email from another student, so I got in touch with my friend in class and borrowed his book and took the quiz (which was ridiculously easy, fortunately). I got started watching the first lecture online last week, but never finished it. I've got until Wednesday to get caught up in that class before our next lab. Speaking of which, I just remembered that there was an online assignment to submit for the first lab... which thankfully is due on Wednesday. Guess I'll be finishing that tomorrow!

I think that covers all the classes I have homework in! There's obviously room for improvement, but I've made improvement since Saturday. That feels kinda good :)

And, we had friends over for dinner tonight. So I'm/we're doing better in being social too.

No comments:

Post a Comment