Tuesday, January 22, 2013

More Goals

Here's another for the list of New Year's resolutions... QUIT COMPARING MYSELF TO OTHERS!!!! Even though I know that they're human (and sometimes know what their particular human flaws or personal crucibles are), I keep comparing my worst average with their best average. It's not healthy either when I think I'm better than others. Self-worth doesn't come from comparison.

I know, I know what I need to do; I just need to make myself do it. I'm tired of feeling mournful and self-deprecating when I see the success of others.

I need to remind myself where my worth comes from. I keep focusing on all my weaknesses and then feel selfish and pathetically seek validation from others (especially over the internet, by hoping for hits or comments on facebook or my blogs). Super lame, and I want it to stop.

And good grief, I want to figure out what I want to do in life! Something to be passionate about that will help me see more meaning in my life. I want to contribute or make a difference or something... I want to be a valuable part of something helpful. Not just a useless bump on a log monitoring facebook, pinterest, email, and blogs all day. Gah. But what to do, what to be??

No comments:

Post a Comment