Thursday, November 29, 2012

Happy :)

My husband and I were chasing down some professors on campus and dropped by several offices in the building that houses the humanities, literature, home economics, philosophy, and foreign language departments.

It. Felt. So. Good.

I don't know whether it was the free chocolate chip cookies from someone's birthday, or the friendly student and full-time secretaries, or my husband's amiable nature with everyone we had a conversation with, or the bright red Christmas stockings on the professors' doors, or the fun and relaxed choir classes we asked about, or remembering my younger aspirations to be an author and/or a polyglot, or the glittery Christmas trees and decorations in the department offices, but it felt good to be there. A pleasant spirit of humanity pervaded the halls and pricked my heart with encouragement.

It felt like home, in a way. It reminded me of my past dreams and suggested that maybe they could still come true someday. We'll have to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment