Monday, November 26, 2012

Spiritual Renewal

An important part of this project that I'm missing is the spiritual portion. I've had differing kinds of struggles for a while, and sometimes it feels like I'm struggling to feel any forward momentum. Just trying to get by a day at a time. But I really can't complete this project, this rebirth, without it.
"Verily I say unto you that all things unto me are spiritual, and not at any time have I given unto you a law which was temporal...for my commandments are spiritual." -Doctrine and Covenants 29:34-35
Basically, my life experience and gut instinct tell me that I can't succeed without teaming up with God. So to reform the rest of my person, I need to pay due attention to reforming my spiritual self. When you approach it with the right perspective, all things really are spiritual: earning money to provide for your family's well-being is an act of sacrifice and consecration, going to school and learning adds intelligence and enhances your maturity and understanding, cleaning your house is creating order and also sacrifice.

Unless I treat this as a spiritual project as well, I won't make the most important reformations in my life. So in addition to learning all this other skills, I need to improve my scripture reading habits and other things to get myself in a place where I am happier, more optimistic, more loving, and more effective. Spiritual work is the work of becoming.

No comments:

Post a Comment