Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Career Possibility?

We had another guest lecturer in one of my classes today. While I didn't have any tender interactions with this lecturer, her presentation did make me think a bit.

This woman makes home visits to hearing-impaired children in early intervention programs and helps habilitate them to aural communication. She works with newborn - three year-old children with hearing losses. She said to become certified, you need a bachelor's degree in elementary, early childhood, or special education, go to a 26-credit-hour program at a university, and complete part 2 of accreditation while working full-time.

I still don't know much about it, but it sounds like something that makes a contribution, something fairly low-key, and something that I could be prepared to do. So now, I'll probably check out the government's website for the program and check out the state schools for the deaf and blind and their programs. I hope it's something that I both like and can do!

No comments:

Post a Comment