Saturday, February 2, 2013

Mild Epiphany

I am a writer.

Work and practice will make me an effective, powerful writer; living a full, invested life will give me interesting and meaningful things to write about. I think I can still say that, in my present state, I am a writer.

I don't remember writing much on my own in elementary school, but I've kept journals, notebooks, and blogs almost religiously since middle school. Most of my outside-of-school writing has been autobiographical free writes, but I've written creative poetry on and off for years and explored a couple different ideas for novels. I write to think, to reflect, to vent, to describe, to record, to share, to entertain. It's more than just a hobby: writing is an important part of who I am and what I do.

What does this epiphany mean? I want to become a better writer, and I would love for it to be part of whatever I do in life. How this will happen, I don't know yet. There are things more important to me than writing--it's by no means an exclusive definition--but it's nice to understand part of myself a little better and to thus have a more informed idea for which job and career opportunities I'm well-suited for.

No comments:

Post a Comment