Thursday, June 20, 2013

Back to Finals Week

I haven't written on here in a long time. Probably because in the last month I was avoiding doing everything I've been trying to cram in the last few days. It's really been something. Definitely my best end-of-semester recovery so far, but also the term/semester when I have the most at stake. I'd really rather not delay my graduation again, so I'm working hard and praying for mercy.

As it stands, I now have one 2-page memo to write, one 3- or 4-page research paper to write, and one 80-question multiple-choice final to take in the next 18 hours (which is also supposed to include a couple hours of meetings for work and church, and hopefully some time for sleep). I already knew it was getting down to the wire, but I was impressed when my husband suggested that I pull an all-nighter to write these papers. His support, frequent prayers, and gross amounts of snack food have been getting me through the week so far.

I've been eating Twizzlers, powdered donuts, mango sherbet, hot dogs, poppyseed muffins, asparagus, apple juice, a little bit of brownies and other candy, and lots of water at a sickening pace for the last few days. My thought was that if I'm nibbling on something most of the time, I'll (a) have a fairly constant energy source and (b) have fewer excuses to get up and distract myself. I think that spacing out the protein and drinking lots of water has helped a lot so that the sugar doesn't actually make me sick.

This week is certainly putting my husband in the running for "Most Supportive Spouse of the Year." He's been a dear and insisted that I work while he does all the cooking and cleaning and running extra errands to buy me more Twizzlers and donuts (minimizing my excuses/distractions). He's been particularly encouraging because he's a loving husband like that, but he also doesn't want us to pay for another semester of school for one class that I was too lazy to pass. I've just sort of ignored it/trusted that it'll work out, which only leads to limited success.

I'm trying to do what I have to do to stay awake and not wander too far from my homework. I fall short a lot, but I can just try to keep moving forward. Hopefully I'll have good news to share once grades are in.

No comments:

Post a Comment